- Maintains uniform and sustained release rates
- Capable of prohibiting release unless triggered
- Natural and nontoxic material
- Loads multiple agents simultaneously
- Protects active agent within its lumen during harsh material processing
As a carrier of active ingredients, the tubular nature of the Dragonite enables a product to maintain uniform and sustained release rates of an active agent, thereby reducing application frequency and initial overdosage. Release rates can be controlled through selection of tube diameter, length, and encapsulation.
The increased efficiency of application provided by Dragonite reduces the amount of active agent needed to achieve desired results, translating into significant cost savings and environmental responsibility. Applied Minerals is an exclusive licensee of the Naval Research Lab patented Halloysite controlled-release technology.